Time to get in shape for spring break? No problem. Here’s what you need to know:
- You’re doing it in a short time frame, so the workouts are going to be especially hard.
- You DO need a rest day or you won’t see the results you want.
- If a workout ever becomes “easy”, figure out a way to make it harder.
- Cut out all pop and alcohol.
- Limit sugar intake.
- Remember it is 20% working out, 80% diet.
- Drink TONS of water.
Now for the workouts. I am going to suggest a 4-day-week workout plan.
Day 1: 60 minutes: Cardio + Toning (Abs)
Day 2: 60 minutes: Cardio + Toning (Legs)
Day 3: 60 minutes: Cardio + Toning (Back + Arms)
Day 4: 60 minutes of INTENSE cardio
For cardio you could do running, biking, elliptical, Stairmaster, walking, walk on an incline at the treadmill, stairs, sprints, kickboxing, basketball, dancing, etc. Find what you like! Just make sure you’re working up a good sweat. Do 30 minutes of it straight.
For toning, I suggest taking to Pinterest and find moves that you like. Do several reps of each move and shoot for 3-5 sets of each exercise.
Remember that there is no such thing as the perfect “bikini body.”
“Strong and confident” looks different on everyone. So own your bod.