By: Erica Statly
New classes, new professors, new faces, new routes to class…it can only be the beginning of a new semester! For most, they are entering their second semester of college. Equip yourself with these tips to have a successful, well-organized semester!
- Familiarize yourself with your syllabi. Highlight important dates, and transfer them into your agenda. Take note of each professor’s office hours, and any unique rules to particular classes.
- Secure your spot in the library. Maybe you like the sunny spot by the window, or the shaded, private space on the fourth floor. Make it your comfort zone and make a goal to spend a couple hours there each week.
- Get involved. Join clubs, organizations or activities to meet new people. They’re also great resume builders. Your school’s website most likely has a database with a list of all the organizations – find the right fit for you!
- Big Binder of Everything. For me, this is a black binder with multi-colored tabbed folders inside. One for each class – I put all handouts or important papers here, organized by class. This I keep in my backpack so I never forget it!
- A cute long sleeve shirt. Essential for going out in the winter time. It’s important to stay well-rounded. Don’t make this semester 100% academic. Make some time for friends and fun!