Countdown to my summer break: 36 days.
I’m not entirely satisfied with where my body is. Personally, I want to tone up my back and stomach a bit more and maybe overall shed a little more of my winter weight! I’m assuming a lot of us are in the same boat. No worries. I have the perfect summer shred ready for you to follow throughout April.
- Quality H20. Find a water bottle. Any water bottle. Buy a cute one if it makes you feel better. Aim to refill it FIVE times per day, excluding the one you have ready, on your nightstand to chug when you wake up FIRST thing in the morning (yes, drink it BEFORE your coffee). Also, aim to drink 2-3 cups of green tea per day. It has a drying effect on your body and will help reveal those baby muscles!
- Plant based. Incorporate plenty of fruits, veggies and natural, wholesome foods into all of your meals. If you can do it, cut out all pop, fast food and alcohol for a month.
- Chill on the sugar. Cut corners where you can. Going out to breakfast? Ask for no butter and sugar free syrup. Get sugar free coffee creamer (I promise it doesn’t taste much different). Swap out your cookies and cake at night for an apple with cinnamon. Swap out your morning bowl of cereal for oatmeal with pure maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Aim to sweat for 30-60 minutes five times a week. Do plenty of cardio and plenty of toning. My favorite forms of cardio are swimming, incline walking on a treadmill, running outside and biking! For toning I like hot yoga and HIIT.
- When you stress out, it can cause you to gain weight. Schedule in 15 minutes every day for some “me” time. This can be calling up a friend, doing a face mask, meditating, etc. Just make sure you shut off your phone and put that study guide out of sight!