As life progresses, stress seems to as well. The older I get, the more I am responsible for and the more I feel like I am absolutely drowning in life. Can you relate? Join the club. Almost everyone you know is stressed about SOMETHING. Don’t let it consume your life. Try these tips to help.
- Nature. Reconnect with nature and do it ALONE. I promise it will help. And don’t just go for a walk around the neighborhood. Find a walking trail in the WOODS. (Remember to be safe because people are messed up) but it is essential to get out and remember what it’s like to be in the peacefulness and quietness of nature.
- Say no. Learn when it’s okay to say no. Look at your schedule. What can you cut out?
- Sleep. If your schedule is CRAZY like mine, make sure you literally pencil in time to sleep because sleep is ESSENTIAL in keeping your mind right.
- Have fun. I completely understand the logic of some people: I don’t want to go out because I have better stuff to do. However, I urge you to take one night per week to go out and have fun. If partying isn’t your thing, go out to dinner and a movie or host a game night. Bake something and binge watch Netflix! Do something fun with other people to help de-stress your mind.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. One person is only one person. What I mean is, you can only do so much. Stop having unrealistic expectations for yourself. You’re setting yourself up to fail. Enlist in the help of others. Accept their help graciously (and be ready to return the favor someday!)
R-E-L-A-X. You’re going to be fine. You’re a boss. You got this.