By: Annmarie Statly
School Bells Ringing, Children Singing….
My kids would get so mad at me when I would sing this song to them on the first day of school. Some of us love this time of year, others…well…not so much. Either way, it isn’t going to change, it’s that “back to school” time of year.
For some reason (which I still haven’t quite figured out) the beginning of the school year and the end of the school year are just crazy busy. The best way to keep your sanity is by being organized and staying on top of all the incoming demands.
Simple steps to keep you ahead of the crazies:
- Take care of paperwork when you get it. Don’t procrastinate, you have to eventually take care of it, so why keep moving it from pile to pile. This way you don’t have time to lose it either. J I also highly recommend making copies for yourself.
- Put important dates in your mobile calendar ASAP – otherwise you will schedule over them!
- Hang calendars from all your various activities in one central location for a quick glance on the way out the door.
- Binders w/tabs are awesome. I know this may sound like a lot of work, but it’s really not. You purchase one binder, use the tab inserts and label for each of your kids, their activities, etc. I like using the clear three hole punched pages to insert calendars. One stop quick reference! Plus since it isn’t all on your phone, everyone shares in the responsibility.
- Set up an individual basket for each of your kids in your mudroom or entry way so they can check it each morning for any items they need to turn in.
- Select dates to volunteer as soon as you receive the sign-up emails. This way you don’t risk the only dates being left are dates that are impossible for you to do.
- But the single most important thing to do….enjoy this time, it goes by way too fast!
Make it a great day,