By: Annmarie Statly
Spring is in the air and it is that time of year we all anticipate crawling out of hibernation and welcoming sunshine, singing birds and fresh air. It is the perfect time of the year to organize and clean to welcome the onset of the warmer temperatures. I prefer to do my spring cleaning in March. Being in Michigan, we still haven’t had the opportunity to welcome the warmth we are desperate for but I certainly don’t want to be inside cleaning when the warm weather makes its appearance.
Everyone has their “to-do” lists and will tackle what they want, but I personally like to do the type of cleaning I just can’t get to on a consistent basis. This gives me a sense of accomplishment and makes everything simply seem fresher.
So crank up some good tunes and get going!
- Clean your windows! I use good old fashioned vinegar and water with a squeegee.
- Spray the window screens out with a hose prior to putting them back in so you have removed any lingering dust from the season.
- Wash all your comforters, pillow shams, curtains, etc. You will be amazed at the freshness you smell in your bedroom!
- Wipe down your baseboards.
- Wash down the kitchen cupboards with vinegar and water – more dust accumulates on these than you realize!
- Clean your blinds, see this article on great tips for a variety of blinds.
- Wipe down all of your interior doors, door jams, closets and windows.
- Wash your walls.
- Clean the shelves in your refrigerator with soap and water.
- Clean your ceiling fans and light fixtures.
Some years you may have much loftier goals in terms of spring cleaning than others and you may want to make-over a room or two with fresh paint, etc. That is always a great feeling as everything feels new again! Whatever you choose it’s always a great feeling to check things off a list.